Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easy Mirror Update DiY


This mirror hangs in the dining room. I like to have it there so I can do I drive-by before I head out the back door. It has been this dark wood color for all its life but this weekend I decided it needed a new coat. Don’t we all like to be freshened up every now and then?

First, I cleaned it off well. Then I used some yellow acrylic paint around some of the detail. 



After that almost dried I got some white interior paint and put on a coat of it. I didn't want it to be stark white so not letting the yellow dry completely allowed some of it to bleed through. I didn't sand any but I made sure not to cover too well with the white.

Wet
Dry

I contemplated doing a stark white and may still add another coat but for now I like this look.



Easy and updated! Happy Thursday!!!
Daspri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends