Monday, September 17, 2012

DiY Tom Shoes Repair

It's Monday and we have been blessed with another day to live, breathe, work, play, enjoy life and be crafty!
So....let's play, be crafty and enjoy ourselves!
Here's the deal, I love my  Tom's. However, I love them so much that I wear them out, literally! I literally wear my them until my big toes are popping out of them!
I can't make myself toss them. I can't even make myself stop wearing them!
Luckily, I ran across this lovely idea on one of my favorite blogs to read. I called my friend up and told her to bring her worn out Tom's over for some craft fun.

Friends+Coffee+Cute Fabrics+Tom's Shoes=
I pulled out my bin of fabric and after sifting through all of the patterns and colors, this is what I came up with.
I later added some ribbon to trim it out. It wasn't needed but I felt like it was missing something. I am pretty happy with my new pair of shoes!
What do you think?

Are you ready to makeover your worn out Tom's?

It is really so very easy!

Here's what you need:
-E6000 or fabric glue (I used E6000....because it is awesome!)
-super cute fabric scraps
-iron on patch
-scissors
-ribbon/trim (if you so choose)

*the link I shared above used an iron on patch to repair the hole first. I chose to skip this step and it seems to be working out just fine. Your choice.

You simply cut your fabric. Add your glue to the shoe. Smooth the fabric from the top of the shoe down to the toe, where you will crease the fabric just like the original Tom's shoe design. Layer more fabric if you want. Add some ribbon or trim....go crazy!

I would love to see your newly, repaired Tom's. Leave me a comment and let me know how it goes or how it went if you've already done this.

Oh, and don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY! You have until tomorrow at midnight! Check out the details here.
Also, check out Annalea's giveaway over at her cute blog, Hope and Honey. It's a good one!
So start commenting, following and sharing!
Have fun and Happy Monday!
-Jenny






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends