Monday, September 10, 2012

Yee Haw for Fall & A Cowboy Birthday Party!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fall! There is something about this time of year that simply makes me giddy! I love everything about it!
I love the cool breeze. I love the way the air smells.  I love the amazing colors of the leaves. I love that I can wear my cardigans, hoodies and boots. I love to drink a hot cup of coffee outside. I love roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. I love going on walks with the kids and collecting leaves. I love that I can actually enjoy being outside!
We had an incredible taste of Fall weather this weekend while away on a mini family vacation and I am one excited, giddy girl!
We got to take the kids to an indoor water park for the weekend and it was such a blast! We splashed in the water, played glow in dark mini golf, watched a pet show and lots more. But the best part about the whole weekend was simply that we had a whole weekend to just enjoy one another; no work, just PLAY!
 To celebrate this glorious season, how about a free photo? Or two?
Just right click on the image and save it to your computer. Print it and frame it if you would like or print them and apply them to card stock for some Fall greeting cards...whatever you'd like to do! Enjoy!

And now onto some Cowboy Birthday Party fun! My son wanted a cowboy party for his 5th birthday so I went on a search for some cowboy hats and such because we do not have those things lying around our house. We are not a cowboy family but man, did we have fun at this party!

 I love to make decorations and throw a party but I would definitely not say that cakes are my specialty, which is why I am pretty proud of this one. Not too bad huh?!
I made a little banner out of paper by cutting the triangles and running them through my sewing machine. Then I tied the ends to tooth picks and stuck them in the cake.
 I hung some straw cowboy hats with clothes pins from twine above the table, with a hand made "happy birthday" banner below. I used a metal bucket to hold the plates and a cup full of forks.
We had cake, cupcakes, and ice cream.  I scooped the ice cream into cupcake liners placed in a muffin tin the night before. Then I placed them in the freezer and when it was time for the party, we had individual servings of ice cream ready to be placed on plates!

We had a separate drink station with hot coffee and hot chocolate and all of the fixings. This party is perfect for a fall birthday.
There was a stack of bandannas on the table, serving as a center piece and party favors too.
I made signs out of poster boards, markers and stamp pads and posted them various places around the party.
This one was on the gate to the back yard.
A sweet friend of mine loaded her bails of hay into her truck and brought them to me...very sweet friend indeed! These seriously made the party!
I scored some cowboy hats at the Dollar Tree so each child coming to the party could have their own. This was right around the time the stores started putting out things for Halloween so it worked great for us! We got brown hats and even some pink and purple for the cowgirls!
We had the big barrel awaiting to be filled with birthday presents. My sister in law came through big time and loaned us the barrel, some cute cowgirl hats for the ladies to wear, two inflatable horses, and an awesome cowboy costume that my father in law ended up sporting for the party. He was a big hit with the kids but I am afraid I may get in trouble if I share that photo with you!
We also had a cowboy boot pinata hanging from the tree for some more birthday party fun!
It was such a fun day!

Some links that inspired me and hopefully will inspire you:
Ice cream serving
Cowboy party
More Cowboy Inspiration
Cowboy Party Games

Yee Haw for Fall Y'all!
Okay, that felt a little weird to type.....but I'm going with it! ;)
-Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends