Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Gluten Free, Grain Free & Vegan Banana Coconut Muffins

Ah, muffins.....i love you.
If you missed the last tasty and healthy muffin recipe, you can check it out here.

Today, I want to share another favorite in our home, Banana Coconut Muffins. These muffins are so moist and full of banana flavor. They are easy to make and use minimal ingredients, my favorite kind!
I failed to take a photo worthy of these muffins this time because they all disappeared so quickly! I will take a better one next time I make them....maybe.

They are not the prettiest muffins because they do not rise, so you will want to fill those muffin cups full. And if you pile them just right, add that nice sprinkle of coconut, then they can still look presentable. But the important part is that they are super yummy and I can totally eat them because they are grain free, gluten free and sugar free!
I scored this recipe from my favorite raw/whole food site.

Banana Coconut Muffins
4 ripe bananas
1 cup coconut flour
1 heaping T coconut oil
1 T pure vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
stevia (to taste)
dash of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 T apple cider vinegar
-unsweetened shredded coconut

Bake at 400 for about 25 min.(until tooth pick comes out clean!)

-Mash your bananas
-Add coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup and salt and stevia.
-add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar last.
-Fill your muffin cups full and sprinkle with coconut

Enjoy!
-Jenny           


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends