Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Daily Detox & Health Restoration- Apple Cider Vinegar & Probiotics

So, my husband and I are currently in the middle of a juice cleanse but I wanted to share a few things that can be done daily to help keep your body clean and restore good health.
 Most people have heard that Apple Cider Vinegar is good for them, but I wonder if most people know just how good it is for their bodies.

What are the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
  • Rich in potassium, a mineral that is often times lacking in adult diets. This mineral is key for growth, building muscles, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity etc. It also helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
  • Rich in acetic acid. This acid is said to slow the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
  • Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state. (It is particularly important if you drink a lot of coffee or wine.)
  • It can help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
  • Rich in malic acid which gives ACV its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
  • May help improve bowel irregularity and helps to remove toxins from the body at a faster rate.
  • It can help clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
  • ACV helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.
  • A few lab studies have found that ACV may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth.
I usually mix 2 Tbs into a small glass of juice and down it. It is stout, but the juice helps with that. And truthfully, knowing how good it is for my body, I can handle a little shot of Apple Cider Vinegar.
I have noticed when I take this on a regular basis that my skin seems extra nice. ;)

Now, most of you have probably heard of probiotics as well but I think most people just think of yogurt when they hear this word.
The word "probiotic" is a compound of two Greek words: "pro," to signify promotion of and "biotic," which means life. Their very definition is something that affirms life and health. That's true even by modern standards: the World Health Organization defines a probiotic as any living microorganism that has a health benefit when ingested.
You can buy them in pill form, powder form and/or eat them:
  • Plain unflavored organic yogurt
  • Kefir
  • Sauerkraut
  • Miso
  • Pickles
  • Tempeh
  • Kimchi and
  • Kombucha tea.
This is the bottle of probiotics that you will find in my fridge.  Rumor has it that the better probiotics will need to stay refrigerated but there seems to be some debate on that. I don't know that answer but I'll go with refrigerated.
Ideally, I would take two of these of day; one in the morning and one at night. However, I almost always forget the morning pill and end up only taking one before bed.
You need to follow the instructions on these and take them in between meals to get the most of them.

Probiotics can help with a number of health problems: digestive health, urinary health, allergies, women's health, immunity, and obesity. (click on the links to read in depth information pertaining to each one of these)

So many of our health problems and disease begin in the "gut". Probiotics help to restore the good bacteria that our body needs to thrive and to fight off sickness; the good bacteria that all of the antibiotics are killing in our bodies.

We have all heard the saying, "You are what you eat." It's true and our bodies are hurting from it.

When it is all said and done, I believe that God is sovereign and in complete control of everything but I also believe that He expects us to take care of the bodies that He has given us.
I want to be healthy so that I can do all that the Lord has planned for my family and I but I also want to raise my children in such a way that they have healthy lifestyles/patterns set for them.

Do what you can and trust Him.
-Jenny

*Disclaimer: I am not a licensed anything. I am simply a wife and mother trying to take good care of my family and myself. I am sharing what I have learned through my own research and experiences in hopes that it might help someone else. Please do your own research to find what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends