Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Delightful Grapefruit Juice (Juice Cleanse/Detox)

Well, it is day 3 now of our juice cleanse and I have to be honest, it has been really hard for me this time. I am so stinkin HUNGRY! It has actually never been this hard for me and we have done many of these over the years.
I have been thinking on it all day today and am a bit baffled.
Over the last, almost a year now (WOW!), I have made several changes to my daily life; in the way I eat, exercise and take of myself and my family's overall health. Maybe I have just taken so many things out of my diet that this is harder to do now. Or maybe, my body just needs more right now. I really don't know. But one thing I do know is that through all of these changes, one of the coolest things has been the ability to listen to/read my body better and know what it/I need.
I only eat when I am hungry. If I am craving something, it is always something good for me now, so I just go with it. Seriously, I don't crave the bad stuff anymore. I don't pay much attention to what time it is and eating because I know what I am eating is low in calorie and good for me. So, if I am hungry, I just eat. I don't count calories. It is so freeing to not think about all of these "rules" and obsess about following them!
Last night I found myself really hungry and could tell that my body was really struggling so I ate a few celery sticks and slices of cucumber. Today, after several glasses of juice, I was still struggling so I ate a few carrots and some more cucumber slices.
The point of this whole cleanse is to detox and cleanse your body so if you find yourself really struggling, then grab a few pieces of fresh veggies and you can still stay on track.
The cleanse will be hard at times, but only you know what your body needs so if it needs something, just be and sure and stick with fresh veggies and keep them minimal.

A whole stalk of celery, 8-10 organic carrots, 1 whole bunch of kale, 1 whole bunch of spinach, handful of fresh parsley, 5-6 organic apples, and 1/2 lemon= a pitcher of fresh juice (about 6-7 glasses)
That's a lot of goodness in one glass!
This was dinner for my husband and I and my kiddos all got a small glass with their dinner too. My littlest one LOVES the fresh juice! As soon as I flip the switch on the juicer, he comes running from across the house, finds his sippy cup and hands it to me with a "peas!"
The first morning of our juice cleanse, I was craving some grapefruit so I threw some in my juicer and it was not the best combo, but I drank it all anyway.
This morning, I made some delightful grapefruit juice! 

Delightful Grapefruit

1/2 large grapefruit
3 apples

*I even thought about adding a small amount of fresh ginger. Think I might try that one for tomorrow morning.

Remember, if you are doing a cleanse/detox:
-drink lots of water
-get plenty of rest
-& listen to your body

Check back later today for more ways to not only cleanse and detox your body, but also restore your health on a daily basis.

Enjoy!
-Jenny


*Disclaimer: I am not a licensed anything. I am simply a wife and mother trying to take good care of my family and myself. I am sharing what I have learned through my own research and experiences in hopes that it might help someone else. Please do your own research to find what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunshine from our friends